This campaign is looking for a motivated part-time intern for the Fall of 2019.
* Researching policy issues related to pretrial justice;
* Assisting with fundraising and development;
* Drafting campaign emails and press releases;
* Managing campaign contacts, such as volunteers, supporters, and donors.
Qualities we seek include:
* Deep passion for criminal justice reform – those with personal or familial contact with the criminal legal system encouraged to apply;
* Motived self-starter who is excited to connect with people;
* Prior campaign experience is helpful, as is previous experience volunteering or interning for social justice cause.
The commitment is 10-15 hours weekly, with a preference for at least one full day, from early September through early/mid December 2019.
Organizing interns are expected to be available on certain evenings and weekends, and are compensated on an hourly basis. When applicable, we can work with your academic institution for credit.
To apply to the job, please email your resume with a short cover letter explaining your interest to JanosForDA@gmail.com. In your cover letter, do not merely restate your resume, but explain why you are interested in this position.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, August 23.