This campaign is always looking for interns and volunteers committed to transforming the criminal justice system. This September we became the first local campaign of the 2021 cycle to announce that we pay our interns $15 an hour.
We currently have selected our interns for the fall, but if you are interested in interning with us beginning in January 2020, please see below.
* Researching policy issues related to pretrial justice;
* Assisting with fundraising and development;
* Drafting campaign emails and press releases;
* Managing campaign contacts, such as volunteers, supporters, and donors.
Qualities we seek include:
* Deep passion for criminal justice reform – those with personal or familial contact with the criminal legal system encouraged to apply;
* Motived self-starter who is excited to connect with people;
* Prior campaign experience is helpful, as is previous experience volunteering or interning for social justice cause.
The commitment is 10-15 hours weekly, with a preference for at least one full day, from January 2020 through up to June 2020.
Organizing interns are expected to be available on certain evenings and weekends, and are compensated on an hourly basis. When applicable, we can work with your academic institution for credit.
To apply to the job, please email your resume with a short cover letter explaining your interest to JanosForDA@gmail.com. In your cover letter, do not merely restate your resume, but explain why you are interested in this position.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 15, 2019.